By Lexi Marie of @Primally_Cosmic_Yoga
Hello beautiful beings! Wow do we have an explosion of celestial activity this week. The New Moon in Cancer occurs this Monday, July 17th at 11:31am PST. This is the very same day that the lunar nodes of the moon change signs. We are embarking upon an entirely new journey as the collective destiny moves into the zodiac sign of Aries and out of Taurus where it has been for the last 18 months.
The cosmos are holding our hands and gently guiding us into the start of a brand new story- yet first we are encouraged to get our emotional house in order. This New Moon rises in its home sign of Cancer, the first water sign of the zodiac representing the energy of the mother, our intuition, our emotions and our hearts. This is a New Moon to be felt, not thought about, a time to experience the layers of our emotional bodies that house the intuitive nudges of our soul.
Emotions, energy in motion, are the currents within us that drive us in many different ways. We experience both heavy emotions and light emotions, and they effect us in whatever degree we allow them to. Our mind gives our emotions power and can lead us into uncharted territories. Emotions like love can bring us to heightened states of joy, compassion, and oneness. Heavier emotions humble us and provide us with valuable life lessons. Each of the emotions on the continuum are valid and it is important that on our life paths we dedicate time and space to honor the energy in motion that passes through us each day. However, we must ensure that our emotions do not consume us.
As you experience this New Moon in Cancer ask yourself the healthy and expansive ways you allow your emotions to flow. Is there a song you can put on and allow yourself to cry and release to? Is journaling a way for you to give your emotions a voice, so that they can speak to you? Whatever it may be, this New Moon in Cancer is asking you to sit with and receive the guidance for ways you can create this safe container within yourself, to create a home for yourself wherever you may go in this beautiful world.
Releasing Old Patterns
There are some aspects to this New Moon which are nudging the way for us to confront deep seated emotional and psychological patterns that have impeded our growth in this lifetime. The South Node of the Moon has been in Scorpio since January 2022, bringing up all that is ready to be released to the surface from our emotional and mental bodies. Negative thinking patterns, unhealthy coping mechanisms and self-sabotage, all of these tendencies are being granted the opportunity for release now.
Spirit Daughter explains, “as the Moon forms a sextile with Uranus, pieces of old patterns dissolve. Uranus breaks up energy and moves stagnant vibrations to give away for something new. This Moon carries healing energy, and part of healing is breaking up with old beliefs, habits, and even comfort zones. Our pain can become a familiar place, and we may hold on to our pain for too long and allow it shape our future.”
Where have you been giving away your energy to old stories from the past and holding on to pain for fear of the unknown? Where have we been looking outside of us for validation of our worthiness? Taking a deep breath and pondering these deep reflections will allow you to excavate those old wounds and deliver a healing balm with the soothing vibrations of the Cancer New Moon. Sometimes we feel our pain gives us identity, it is hard to watch aspects of ourselves that we thought defined us go away, realizing this pain is not actually who we are. Be gentle with yourself. Cancer, representing the archetype of the Mother gifts us with a nurturing energy that is compassion and unconditionally loving.
NEW MOON RITUAL :: Emotions in Action
Water is the element of this moon. It’s the amniotic fluid where your life began. It’s the headwaters ~ the source of the river.
1. Be present near a source of water: If possible, get outside, near a body of water. If that doesn’t work for you, a bath can do the trick! Or you could have a bowl or jug of water with you for this ritual.
2. Allow music medicine to flow through you: Have a music source with you and one of your favorite songs to evoke emotion. Although this isn’t a song I listen to often, it’s a song that is showing up: Good-Bye Earl by the Dixie Chicks ~ but you pick any song that will help you find your wild, untamed emotions.
3. Choose an experience: Play it. Dance. Emote. Cry. Scream. Whatever is uprising, be there for it.
4. Go deep: Once you’re in the depth of your emotional experience, find yourself there. Splash some water on your face and without leaving the emotion, ask yourself: what are you going to do about it?
5. Give yourself some time to free write in your journal anything that arises: If you are at home, look yourself in the mirror and speak your action with conviction while looking yourself in the eyes.
6. To finish: Make a short list of what you’re going to do with the emotions arising at this time. Let it become a manifesto!