SAGITTARIUS FULL MOON
The Strawberry Moon is full and bright in the sky which at one point signaled the natives in North America that the strawberries are ripe and ready for harvesting. In the Northern Hemisphere it is almost the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year and the official arrival of summer. Whether you live north of the equator or not, the energy coming from the celestial entities is one of ignition, blooming, opening, and expanding.
This year's Strawberry Moon is in Sagittarius, the zodiac sign connected to travel, exploration, education, learning, and overall movement. You might be in a very literal transition - moving, ending the school year, starting a new job - or the movement may be more internal - the shifting of interests, the contemplation of a new relationship, the releasing of negative beliefs, the stepping into heightened power, etc. Either way, consider this full moon a chance to transition with the support of the stars.
If you have been thinking about trying to learn a new skill, take up a new hobby, or enroll in a class, this would be the time to do it. Creative energy and stamina for learning is high, and so you may find this new pursuit to be extremely rewarding.
This is also a good time to reflect on the past two weeks since the New Moon. What seeds were planted, what has shifted? Can you pause, step back, and notice what is coming to fruition? Take the time to acknowledge where you are on your path and if it's moving towards where you want to go. Perhaps certain intentions and desires are already realized, yet the process of transformation is taking its time. Continue to make decisions from your heart as you continue to transition towards a higher you.
This moon is also a beautiful time to take that trip you've been wanting to take, or set a date on your calendar for when you can depart on your next adventure. Go boldly, for Sagittarius is ruled by the largest planet in the sky, Jupiter. Any hesitation you feel will give way as soon as you take the first step (buy the ticket, make the plan, etc). Traveling to a new place is also a powerful way to ignite inspiration and ripen intuition as you explore the unknown. Even a day trip will do.
Lastly, TRUST. It is a crucial part of walking a spiritual path, especially during the next two weeks. Trust that you are being guided in the direction that is for your highest good. There will be discomfort and inevitable pain along the way (we are human after all), but it is all in service. If you find yourself anxious about the future during the next few weeks, take time to slow down your breath, take time for joy, and be sure to move your body in order to expel excess heat. You are exactly where you need to be, and the world within as well as the world outside are yours to explore. The sky has your back. Sigh.
FULL MOON RITUAL : REFLECT + DREAM
During this time of movement, transition, expansion, and trust, it's important to reflect on how far you've come. As you continue to move forward with and from your heart, having an awareness about all that you've experienced, accomplished, moved through and stepped towards will help usher you into the next chapter.
Try this simple practice as a way to celebrate you, as you continue forward.
1) Carve out time, either early morning or sunset, to be outside in nature. This can be as simple as sitting outside of your home, or traveling to a park, beach, mountain, etc. Nature gives us instant grounding and will hold us as we reflect.
2) Bring a journal, a pen, and something to keep time with. If using your phone turn it on airplane mode so that you're not disturbed during your process.
3) Set a timer for 15 minutes. Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths. After 5 breaths, ask the question: "What can I celebrate myself for?" Another way of saying this is "What do I acknowledge myself for? What has shaped me so far?" Sit with this inquiry for another few breaths.
4) When you're ready, open your eyes and begin to write in your journal a free flow list of all you have accomplished. It can be a bullet points, pictures, sentences, words, poetry, whatever feels natural to you in the moment.
Reminder: It doesn't have to be well thought out or neat. They can be small or large accomplishments. Continue writing until the timer goes off. If you run out of things to write about, choose a few of your accomplishments to describe in more detail.
5) Once done, read over your list, pause, and close your eyes. Give yourself 3 deep breaths and sink into the feeling and the understanding that you have come so far.
6) Now, re-set the timer for 15 more minutes. Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths. After the breaths, ask yourself the question: "What adventures do I want to have?" or "What do I want the universe to bring to me?" Sit with the question for another few breaths.
7) Open your eyes. On a blank page in your journal, write the words "Adventures" at the top. Until the timer goes off, write down your hearts desires. Let the word 'adventure' describe all of the possibilities that could float into your life - relationships, work, travel, experiences, feelings, creations - anything that excites you. Do not edit or worry about how these things will take place. Simply let your adventurous heart write.
8) When the timer goes off, read over your writing. Close your eyes, take three deep breaths. Acknowledge that you trust in the unknown and all of the adventures unfolding. Then repeat 3 times: "I trust the wisdom of my path"
As one of our astrological expert friends noted about this full moon, "things are about to get weird." We are entering into a moon cycle that is going to bring up emotion and serendipity from every direction. The strange-ness of this cycle is for our highest good ultimately, but the processes we each individually go through may be uncomfortable at times. This moon is a powerful one to remember that we are fully supported and taken care of. The random and the weird - circumstances, emotions, and thoughts - are actually there to help up expand.
As an archetype, the moon carries aspects of the feminine energy. Regardless of gender, feminine energy and lunar energy are often used synonymously and carry a more spherical or cyclical perspective. This energy leans into the ephemeral and it carries a deep trust in the unknown as well as the interconnectedness of all things. There is both elegance and patience innate to feminine energy.
However just like everything in nature, a need for balance exists. Feminine energy dances with masculine energy. The moon also has the capacity to inspire directness, action, linear thinking, and full honesty.